The time to play Holi is almost here, and after COVID lockdowns and restrictions, this is the first Holi that many of us will be playing after staying isolated. There is no question that everyone is understandably excited about playing Holi and celebrating with family and friends, but don’t let that affect your hygiene!
While many people think the threat of COVID is behind us, that’s not entirely true. Plus, Holi is full of messes, whether that’s on your clothes, face, or even your home! When you’re getting your home Holi ready, we’ve got some tips to make it easier. We’ve got you covered for post-Holi cleaning too!
What to Do Before
While it may seem odd, cleaning up is essential before Holi. You don’t want family and friends coming into your home to think that it’s cluttered or unkempt. Let go of old items that are dragging your home’s aesthetic down and dust off all items and surfaces in your home.
You might also want to consider deep cleaning some items, like your curtains and carpets. Your ceiling fans, which probably haven’t been used much in the past few months, need to be wiped down, so dust isn’t flying everywhere when you’re turning it on. Here’s a simple checklist to simplify it for you:
- Wipe down surfaces and ceiling fans with a wet cloth
- Use a disinfectant spray to sanitize most-used areas like doorknobs and light switches
- Deep clean curtains, carpets, and cushion covers
- Use a disinfecting floor clean to ensure your home is clean and smells good
- Cover items that are easily stained with a cloth or remove them from common areas
- Don’t keep breakable items in open view where anyone can knock them over
Post-Holi Cleaning Mania
Once you’re done playing Holi, the last thing you want to do is to start cleaning the mess. Playing Holi is fun but equally exhausting! But even if it is the last thing you want to do, sitting in a clean home with nothing to worry about is one of the most satisfying things you can do! We’ve broken down how to clean your home and the order you should be doing them!
- Before anything else, tackle those clothes! You need to take a shower and ensure your clothes are in the washing machine while you’re cleaning everything else. Soak them in warm water with Santic Natural Laundry detergent to see no stains without any hassle!
- While your clothes are getting clean, it’s time to get those floors spotless. Since most of the colors available today are natural and relatively easy to clean off, you should use a broom to eliminate the excess gulaal. For stubborn stains, consider letting warm water with floor cleaner sit on the stain for fifteen minutes, you might need to scrub a bit too. After you’re done, mop the floors to see them shine!
- All excess food and spoiled food needs to be thrown away before anyone in your home gets sick
- Ensure that you’re wiping all surfaces with a disinfectant spray for thorough cleaning
- Don’t forget about your car! Hose it down to ensure no permanent color stains remain
- After you’re done with everything, it’s time to clean your bathroom. Clean bathroom accessories with Santic Tap & Shower Cleaner to restore their bright appearance
Play Holi Without Worrying About The Messes!
Once you’ve got your checklist sorted, you’re ready to dive into playing Holi! Enjoy spending time with your friends and family during this festival, and play to your heart’s content. There’s no reason to stress or think about cleaning when you know Santic’s there to take care of it for you!