When you’ve decided to move houses, the prospect of tackling everything can be pretty daunting. There are so many things to take care of, and you might get overwhelmed when you don’t have a plan to follow through.
To make your moving process much easier, we’ve compiled a list of essential things you need to check for when moving. Not only that, we’ve also included a cleaning checklist that you can refer to.
Whether you’re moving to another place alone or with your family, there’s no room for mistakes when you’re on a tight deadline. Make your moving process hassle-free and easier when you know what to do and when to do it.
What to Check When You’re Moving
When you’re moving from one house to another, there are some aspects you need to keep in mind. You might be hiring a professional moving company to make the process easier for you, but this doesn’t mean you should slack off.
You need to monitor and keep an eye out for all the items that are being packed. It would be helpful if you sorted them into categories and packed them in separate boxes. Keep a list somewhere so when you’ve moved you know which box has what.
Once the boxes have been packed and taken out of the house, you’re left with all the things you might be taking with you personally or things to throw out. It’s always a good idea to clean up before you move, because nobody likes an ungrateful tenant who doesn’t maintain basic hygiene.
A quick mop on the floors and dusting on any furniture that’s left is ideal. If you have any electronic appliances that came with the place, check to see if they’re in working condition. You might want to let your landlord know about any problems, since it can impact your security deposit with them.
The new home you will be moving into might be dirty, or completely new, but it needs to be thoroughly cleaned before you can start living in it.
Your Essential Checklist
Once you’re ready to move, you have to make sure that your new home is livable. Cleaning is essential for any new place you’re moving into, no matter how clean it seems. There are a lot of invisible contaminants and bacteria living in any home, so ensure it’s free of all that when you’re moving.
Here are some things you should do when you’ve entered your new home for the first time:
- If you have a fridge that comes with your new house, it’s time to give it a thorough clean. Wipe down any surfaces inside the fridge with a disinfectant and wash the vegetable basket thoroughly. You can use coffee grounds to remove any lingering smells inside the fridge.
- If there are any other appliances, wipe them down in a similar fashion. You want to make sure that these appliances are switched off while you’re cleaning them
- Bathrooms! You need to do a deep clean on any bathroom in your new house. It includes wiping down the surfaces and floors, cleaning out the toilet and accessories. Use the Santic Tap & Shower Cleaner when you want shiny accessories.
- It might be worthwhile checking for some mold in your home too. Consider using a Mold Remover Gel in case you find any
- Dust fans, light fixtures and any other surfaces in your new home. You might also want to go through and ensure everything is in working order at this point
Once you’ve got these essentials down, there’s no need to worry about not being able to cope with your moving in process!