Your home is your sanctuary, and you need to take care of it to ensure it stays that way. When you come home after a long day, the last thing you want to see is mold or mildew. A spot of mold today can engulf your whole house within a week.
When you’re determined to keep your home free of any possible contamination and keep it healthy for the well-being of everyone, it’s time to know how to avoid mold and mildew. Here are some steps to recognizing and avoiding mold in your home.
Recognizing Potential Triggers
The first step to preventing mold and mildew in your home is to understand what causes them to appear in the first place. There are potential trigger areas where mold can grow in no time in your home, which include:
- Water build-up around your house, whether that’s the bathroom walls or leaks happening within the walls of your home (wet ceiling, walls, even floors!)
- Don’t leave wet clothes lying around, especially in your washing machine.
- Water indoor plants carefully to ensure there is no excess water.
- Any area that can collect moisture needs to be well-ventilated
When living in a humid environment, you need to ensure that you are keeping everything in your home well ventilated and there is no stagnant water anywhere.
Understanding What Causes Mold and Mildew
Mold can pretty much grow anywhere, but specific preconditions must be met. A damp and moist environment is needed for mold to establish itself. Once it has started appearing at any point in time, it can grow rapidly in no time at all.
Mildew refers to a large growth of mold in any area. When you have mold, mildew will naturally follow. Both mold and mildew in any home can be dangerous for human health in a variety of ways, which is why it’s ideal to put a stop to it as soon as you begin to notice it.
Target Dangerous Spots
When you are looking to prevent mold even before it starts growing any where in your home, you need to target the dangerous spots. Any area where there is constant moisture exposure needs to be monitored by you at all times. When your home has constant leaks and moisture, mold can begin growing really easily.
You should also throw out fruits, vegetables, and any other perishable foods which have been exposed to constant moisture for a while. You will begin to notice signs of mold, at which point it becomes unsafe for you to eat. Some everyday edible items that are a target for mold include:
- Bread and cheese
- Fruits like oranges and strawberries
- Vegetables like tomato and cucumber
- Preserved olives (you will notice fungus or mold in the water they are stored in)
You should be keeping an eye on these items and check for signs of mold every few days. Some items tend to spread mold around your fridge, so you need to get them out as soon as possible.
Use An Effective Mold Remover!
When your home has become invaded by mold, the first thing to do is buy a product that can effectively remove it. Santic Mold Remover Gel is ideal to use when you begin to see signs of mold in your home. The Mold Remover Gel can eliminate any mold-related smells and protects the area from any further mold growth.
The application of the product is pretty simple, and you don’t require expensive tools to use it. An effective mold remover goes a long way in preventing further mold growth in your home.
Keep Your Home Mold-free For Good
Your home is your haven, and you need to keep it that way. Having a mold infestation can spell trouble for your home aesthetic and for your health too. At Santic, we always want our audience to remain healthy and happy, so keep that mold away!